Saturday, July 2, 2011

Will & Kate are spoiling my weekend

Please allow me to rant for a few paragraphs.

I came home from Panama a day early so I could participate and watch coverage of Canada Day celebrations across the country but all I find when I turn on television is a couple of Brits taking all the attention away from our great nation.

Why are these non-Canadians spoiling our party?

Will and Kate may make great tabloid press and the few remaining monarchists in this country may find their visit orgasmic but I find it insulting.

And before you go off on "he will be our king one day" let me just point out that he's not our king or queen (you can never be too sure with the royal family) right now. In fact, he's a nobody - made a Duke only because they have to give him a title to get his welfare pay cheque - the royals are the biggest welfare family in the world, after all.

I have nothing against the royal family and especially this young couple who seem to be sweet and engaging but why they have to be here during Canada Day weekend and take the focus away from what we should really be celebrating - the greatest nation on Earth - is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment