Friday, March 2, 2012

Wi-Fi is a bad link for hotel guests

One thing that really irks me when I check out of a hotel - especially 5-star properties - is to be handed a bill with Wi-Fi charges added on.

In some cases, the charges can be as much as $20 a day - hell, I only pay $40 a month for my home Wi-Fi so $20 a day is a bit much.

According to a piece I read this morning in the London Telegraph, two thirds of hotels worldwide charge guests for Wi-Fi access and the paper says London's stuffy The Dorchester charges its guests about $30 a day to go online.

Ironically, most Interstate hotels I stay at in Canada and the U.S. offer FREE Wi-Fi and roadside fast food joints long ago went FREE Wi-Fi.

Not much you can do but vent but one wonders why when you're paying $500 a night for a 5-star hotel room, the chain can't throw in FREE Wi-Fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment