Sunday, June 26, 2011

I'm off to Panama in search of seco

Panama City is the new hotspot of Latin America.
I'm desperate for a good glass of seco, so I'm heading to Panama tomorrow morning to find the best in the world.

Seco, officially known as Seco Herrerano, is the national drink of Panama and is just like a premium vodka - elegant and smooth with a silky mouth feel and just a hint of light rum.

I actually tasted it when I was Brazil at a bar in Rio that claimed to be authentic Panamanian.
 
Now I want to taste seco in the land where it was first introduced to the world.
 
The Panama tourism board and Copa Airlines, which started service into Toronto recently, have invited me down to sample some of the Central American country's legendary charm and hospitality.
 
Copa Airlines, which boasts the youngest fleet in Latin America, wants to make Panama City a hub for Canadians travelling to places like Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile and all the other great countries in that part of the world.
 
I've never been to Panama City - so if any of my faithful readers has, please send me names of some good restaurants, bars and places you'd recommend I visit while I'm there.
 
I'll be reporting back daily so stay tuned - this is one trip I'm really looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment