Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New stories posted on travelife.ca

The Panama Canal is a symbol of pride for Panamanians.
My goodness, it's been a busy travel period for me.

Arizona one week. Dallas the next. Then on to Malaysia and Panama.

Along the way, though, I came across some wonderful stories that I'm now able to share with you at www.travelife.ca

Just posted this morning are stories on:

- Panama's legendary canal, which connects two oceans and is the greatest contributor to Panama's economy. But the canal is more than just a waterway - it's a symbol of pride to the proud Panamanian people who proved to the world they can run the world's most important canal better than anyone else.

- Arizona's great golf courses, many of which are bunched together in Scottsdale, the desert retreat that is home to one of the greatest courses in the world - TPC Scottsdale, where normally staid golf fans turn into college football rowdies when PGA stars arrive at one hole.

- Malaysia's treasured island known as Langkawi, where the local mangrove is the lifeblood of this island of mountains and myths. A trip through the mangrove brought me up close to monkeys, snakes, the world's largest crabs and giant eagles. It's a Garden of Eden experience that ranks among my best travel thrills ever!

- Dallas' famed Sixth Floor Museum, formerly known as the city's infamous Book Depository Building from where Lee Harvey Oswald fired the fatal shots that killed president John F. Kennedy and ended one of the most promising political periods in American history. Looking through the Sixth Floor window from where the shots were fired was for me like looking back on my boyhood memories.

It's great sharing these stories with you - I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment