Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Will Irene leave Aruba before I arrive?


The Tierra del Sol is Aruba's only
golf course and it looks like a beauty.
 Just my luck - I'm heading to Aruba and a hurricane is bearing down on the Caribbean.

Hey, last March I arrived in Arizona in a snowstorm.

By the time I get to Aruba, they tell me Hurricane Irene will have blown through the area and the island will be blanketed in warm sunshine the rest of my stay.

I'm actually joining a group of U.S. and Canadian journalists for a golf tournament which will be played on the island's only golf course, which is part of the Tierra de Sol resort, one of the best properties in the Caribbean, I'm told.

I'll be sending daily reports from Aruba - after my golf and scuba diving and wine tasting and ...

Wow, after looking at my itinerary, maybe I won't have time to write.

Only kidding!

I'll be in touch and let's hope a lady named Irene leaves Aruba before I arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment