Friday, September 30, 2011

GAP rebranding earns a G grade

G whiz! I just heard that GAP Adventures has rebranded itself as G Adventures.

How clever! Not!

The change was ordered after a U.S. judge ruled that GAP Adventures' name conflicted with the mighty clothing brand - GAP clothing was the first to register the name so it gets title to it, the judge decided.

So the adventure travel company decided to drop the "A" and "P" and just go with "G".

Gee!

One wonders what other "G" names the company flirted with? G Spot Adventures maybe? Or maybe Golly G Adventures?

As part of the rebranding, G Adventures is offering a contest where the winner gets a free trip anywhere in the world - you have to bring your own tent, of course.

G, I wonder if I'm eligible for that prize?

Maybe "CAP Adventures" or "GO Adventures" would have been a better label to stick on this "new"company but G, what do I know?

I give this name change a G- grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment