Friday, September 16, 2011

My 'likes" & 'dislikes' about Taiwan

The Taiwanese are a fun-loving lot!
DATELINE TAIPEI – There’s much to like about this incredible country of beautiful coastlines, dramatic black mountains, quaint villages, dynamic cities and gentle, peaceful people.

But there were a few things I didn’t like while travelling around this Asian beauty the past week.

My likes:

- Pineapple cake – yummy!

- Taipei’s subway – the cleanest on the planet!

- The Taiwanese people – the friendliest in Asia!

- Night markets – they’re so much fun!

- Temples – my favorite was Kuan-du temple, circa 1661!

- Clean streets – garbage doesn’t gather here like Hong Kong!

- Wi-Fi – it’s accessible everywhere in Taiwan!

- Soup filled dumplings – Ding Tai Fung restaurant was the best!

My dislikes:

- Stinky to-fu – yuck!

- Traffic chaos – typically Asian (thank goodness they have a great subway).

So, as you can see, my “likes” about travelling in Taiwan far outweigh my “dislikes”.

No comments:

Post a Comment