Friday, April 8, 2011

Expedia to spin off TripAdvisor

I’m happy to see that Expedia, the world’s largest online travel company, has approved a plan to spin off its TripAdvisor brand, accoriding to London-based breakingtravelnews.com.

Now, if they would only turn it off.

I’ve often questioned the accuracy of the “advice” posted on TripAdvisor since most of the good postings about hotels have been supplied by the hotels themselves.

Bad reviews are usually posted by disgruntled guests who don’t get a smile from the main desk clerk when they check in.

I have countless stories of people telling me they decided not to go to very good hotels I have stayed at and recommended – and my standards are very high folks - because someone on TripAdvisor posted a complaint.

The accuracy of TripAdvisor postings has been a problem for Expedia ever since they bought the company and it’s good to see they’re now starting to distance themselves from TripAdvisor.

Here’s my advice about TripAdvisor – don’t trust TripAdvisor!

No comments:

Post a Comment