Monday, April 11, 2011

Next stop for this traveler - Dallas



Cowboys Stadium was where
2011 Super Bowl was played.
I’m off to Dallas tomorrow (April 12) on assignment for TraveLife magazine and travelife.ca.

By the way, have you all signed up for our “smart phone contest?” As of last night we cracked the 1,000 barrier in entries and the contest is open until April 25 – the winner will be named April 28. To enter, just go to www-travelife.ca and follow the instructions.
I’m looking forward to my trip to Dallas – I’m a long-time Cowboys fan and the NHL Stars have always had a special place in my hockey heart. And from what I hear, Dallas has grown to become quite a shopping hub as well as cultural oasis thanks to the many different nationalities who now call Big D home - 80 per cent of the city’s population is made up of Hispanics.

That means I’ll be dining on some great food and enjoying some great neighborhood restaurants. Yippee!

Some of the places I’ll be visiting during my 2-day stay:

- Highland Park Village, the first shopping centre in the U.S.;

- The Meadows Museum, which houses a great collection of Spanish art;

- The Dallas Arboretum, America’s Garden of Eden;

- The Dallas Art Museum, home to 23,000 works;

And of course, no visit to Dallas would be complete without a visit to the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza, from where Lee Harvey Oswald fired the shots that killed president John F. Kennedy.

I’ll be reporting on my visit to Dallas in the July issue of TraveLife magazine and no doubt will find a few stories to share with you at http://www.travelife.ca/.

So stay tuned and don’t forget to enter our “smart phone contest” and tell your friends to enter, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment