Sunday, April 24, 2011

I've arrived in Langkawi, Malaysia


The view from my Four Seasons beach villa in tropical Langkawi.

DATELINE MALAYSIA – The second leg of my Asian odyssey began today (Sunday) with my arrival from Singapore (aboard Singapore Airlines’ excellent subsidiary carrier Silk Air) in Malaysia’s tropical paradise Langkawi.

We were greeted by warm weather (34C) and warm smiles from the mostly Muslim population.

The island is located on Malaysia’s west coast just south of the Thai border and flying into this mountainous wonderland was pure eye candy.

The island is noted for its caves, delicate eco-system and myths and in the next few days I intend to check them all out.

I’ll also be touring some of the local villages where I’m told the craftsmanship is something very special.

Oh, did I mention that I’ll be staying at the Four Seasons Langkawi – one of the most talked about properties in Asia – and reporting back on how special this Canadian-managed property is.

So stay tuned as I take you along on my latest adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment