Saturday, April 30, 2011

I get a 'dressing down' from readers


Princess Grace looked angelic.

Oops! For the past 24 hours I’ve been getting a “proper dressing down”, as the British would say, from readers upset over the “Plain Jane” comment I made yesterday about Kate Middleton’s wedding dress.

“Zip it!” is what readers are telling me. Hey, I warned you I was no fashion critic.

So I went back and had another look at the wedding dress designed for the woman who will be queen by Alexander McQueen’s top designer Sarah Burton to see what left me unimpressed yesterday.

On second look, the lace-lined gown with the V-neck meant to accent Kate’s lovely long neck - it looks a lot like the wedding dress Grace Kelly wore when she married Prince Rainier of Monaco so many years ago (I’ve supplied proof with the accompanying photographs) – was indeed a knockout.

But the longer I looked, the less impressed I still was.

Why?

Then it hit me. By comparing Duchess Catherine’s dress – no more Kate for this girl - with Princess Grace’s wedding gown, I was able to pin it down – the veil.

While Grace’s wedding veil flared out to make the gorgeous Grace look angelic, Kate’s just laid on her head like mosquito netting

It’s almost as if Burton forgot to account for the veil in the design and just grabbed something at the last minute.

I challenge you to have another look.

From now on, though, I’m sticking to reviewing Tilley travel gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment